Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A First Grade Time Line

source
A couple of years ago I pinned this amazing time line of the school year.  I just loved the idea of hanging up the events that happened throughout our school year as a reference.  It is the perfect way to teach about time lines.  

I created my own squares and printed out the months.  As the year went on I hung up pictures of our events.  However I noticed that the children really did not look at the pictures.  They were just taking up wall space.  AND why would they look up high at some of the months.  We all know that  children like to touch and look so I decided for this year to change this same idea a bit.

As I was de-cluttering my basement I found a scrapbook that I have nothing in,  PERFECT IDEA!


My original squares fit perfectly into the scrapbook.  I think the kids will like this better.  They will be able to take the book to their desks or a cozy corner and look and touch all they want.  The first page will be a class picture of the first day of school.  


Then at the end of the year when we learn about timelines in Social Studies I will just take the pages out of the book and line them up.  Wow!  This will be a great lesson.  I can not wait to get started.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...