Sunday, December 8, 2013

Free Poem about Christmas Trees

Click Here for Your Free Copy

I am a bit behind this week.  I just can not keep up with everything going on at school and at home.  Last week my class did a poem about trees.   I structure all my poems the same.  I have a copy I introduce to the children on Monday.

We review all the basic skills that the children will encounter on the homework sheet and review rhyming and sight words.  I use lots of colorful highlighters.  Then the children illustrate the poem and put it in a 3 prong poetry notebook.


The children take the homework page home for review.  


I always put a copy in the poetry baskets for reading enjoyment in the reading center.  The kids are always surprised to find the poems in there.  I don't know why.  They love to read them to their 4th grade buddies.



3 comments:

  1. That's a really good site you have and also love the poem you have hope you make more also we have a site at panmurebridgeschool.com type this in and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly what I am looking for. I was searching for some cute and short Christmas poems and saw this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Jayshree!
      Sue

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...