Friday, September 13, 2013

Five For Friday -- Sept. 13


I am starting to feel like I know what I am doing and where I am going.  I just finished my third week of first grade again and I feel like I am starting to learn my rhythm of the day.  There are some things I definitely need to improve but for this week I will celebrate what I did do right.

1.  I just love the photo book I made with all the pictures of my classes throughout the years.  This book is so precious to me I almost do not want to share it with the children.  However, then I recall why I made it and I let go and let them enjoy the book  

2.  A couple of weeks ago I found this Ideal on Kacey's blog about introducing the spelling words through a bingo activity.  I thought about it all night and then threw it together last minute.   My kids absolutely love it.  They still have not figured out they all have the same card.

3.  We read the story, The Dot and then painted Dots and ate some dots for snack.  
4.  I finally organized a binder to keep love notes and pictures from the children in.
5.  Finally I organized two art cases for indoor recess.  Last year my students loved to do art 
work during indoor recess, especially bookmaking.  I thought I would add to the fun.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...