Thursday, December 26, 2013

Two in One Art Project

I am a little late posting this idea, however it was a cute idea.  The original idea was posted by Kristin on her blog, A day in first grade.  She had her students make this cute art project.  
A day in first grade
I loved the simple tissue paper trees.  So I decided to change it a bit.  I have a large class this year and I knew that 24 of these paintings would not fit on my bulletin board.  So I had each child fill in one white construction paper worth of tissue paper.  Then we cut them into large triangles.  We created a class mural.

I thought it turned out great.  I stapled cotton balls onto the bulletin board for snow.

Then we used the scraps from the tree project to cut smaller triangles and we added white sticky tape for snow.  We punched snowflakes and stars for more embellishment.    

We created cards for our 4th grade reading buddies.

Each student wrote a message inside their card and drew a picture.

I added a candy cane for a special treat and put them in baggies so it would be easier for the children to pass out.  

There you go, two projects from one piece of contruction paper and tissue paper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...