Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby It's Cold on Our Earth

No School Monday and Tuesday
 
Can you believe this weather?  -14 in the actual temperature and then if you add in the wind it is – 35, This is crazy!   There is no school because it is too cold to go outside.   The only thing I can do is enjoy the peace and quiet and get some house cleaning done.   


Our Earth
In Social Studies this week we be reviewing that a continent is a very large area of land.  We will discuss that there are seven continents.  To help with that discussion I have found these cute boxes from Target.

I found some images of the continents on the Silhouhette.com site and made covers for each box.

Then I found things from my travels to go into the boxes:  stamps, money, postcards and little things from the continents.  I did find a couple little things at World Market as well.  I filled up by boxes and I will share them with the children as we review each continent.
I also found some amazing books to read and for the children to look through on their own.
There is a book in this series for each continent.

This is such a cute about about two friends searching for each other around the word.

Great Non-fiction book with lots of facts.

There are several books in this series about different parts of the world.
I hung up this world map above this area so we can point out places as we read.  



1 comment:

  1. Love those boxes - great work with your Silhouette!!!!!! And...hey, neighbor! I used to live in 'Tosa...now I'm in Sussex!
    Smiles - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...