Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School 2014--Classroom Tour

source

This week I am participating in Blog Hoppin’ Linking Party. 
Today’s topic:   2014 Classroom Tour


As you walk in my room, you walk right into my reading center.  I moved it here last year and I loved it.  It is along the lockers and that way my first graders can spread out and read. 


This year I put my desk in the center of the classroom.  I do not spend a lot of time at it while the children are in the classroom however I wanted to be able to have more room for my reading table. 


We have a little science area, I am trying to find more things to explore.  The material I don’t want them to explore with I keep behind the curtain.



All our math supplies are on this shelf.  I like the students to be able to help themselves and put things away as well.

We have a little prayer basket for intentions.


This is our writing center.  Most paper supplies are on this shelf and the extra markers, pencils are in the color cups.  This works well for when you cannot find your own supplies.  Children can easily find what they need and get back to work. 


We have mailboxes for return work.  I am lucky enough to have a volunteer to file all the papers for me.  She even puts them in the students’ folders.

This is our large group area.  I move the book stand during calendar.  I also have some of the calendar elements on the smartboard. 


This year I moved my reading table to the corner and I put the word wall right in front of it.  My hope is that it will be a great resource when I have small groups of students writing. 


I have a new to me computer desk.  What I love about this old desk in the drawers.  The drawers provide more space for organization.  



This is a view of the classroom from the front of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...