Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Common Core Math Lesson


Numbers & Operations in Base Ten

This week my little guys are working on the bundling and grouping things in tens and ones.  I went into my junk collection from kindergarten and found some great stuff:  pumpkins counters, fall counters, apple counters, ladybug counters, koosh balls, ghost erasers, colorful stones and their favorite plastic spiders.  I put them in some bags and then baskets so they do not spill them all around the room.  I put nine cups in a basket.


My little guys worked so hard.  As I  walk around I help them work as a group and reminded them to take turns.  However they loved counting the objects.  They were taking turns and helping one another. They were so excited to do their math.



It was amazing.  The lesson was so easy to create.  I just made a simple table on word and a cute graphic from kpm doodles.  
click here for a freebie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...