Friday, October 4, 2013

Five For Friday -- Oct. 4



I feel like I am doing some great things in first grade however I am so busy interacting with the children and planning each night  I rarely take pictures. 
On Tuesday we went outside in the Nature Center with our fourth grade buddies.  We were documenting living and nonliving things.  It was a great activity.  ALL the kids were working hard and focusing on the task.  
They made lots of great lists. 
On Wednesday I introduced my students to place value.  We created a classbook with pictures of ladybugs.  Why ladybugs???  because ladybugs are my class theme this year.   Click on the Picture if you want a copy.  


On Friday we had a visit from a father at the school.  He is a fire chief at one of the stations in our city.  He talked to the children about fire safety and read a book.
He let one of the children try on his gear.  The children loved the presentation.
During writer’s workshop the children wrote thank you notes to the Chief.  The notes turned out amazing. 


Then I came home to my cabinet doors hanging up in my laundry room and a new laundry sink!  Finally after five months of waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...