Friday, October 18, 2013

Five for Friday -- Oct. 18


“Make A Big Deal out of the Little Things”
Erin McHugh
One Good Deed


I am learning so much this year.  I barely have time to do my household responsibilities because I am constantly reading what I need to know for the next lesson. 

It is very challenging to bring a new twist to some of the same old subjects. 

I am linking up my favorite five things from the week.


First I went back to my spider project from last week.  I liked the project however I just thought it needed something more.  The orange paper was so plain looking.  Then one of those duh moments came to me, a spider web. 


I love how they look.  Each spider web is different and unique.



In the number two spot for the week is the spider writing the children did.  It was our first report of the year and the children did fabulous.  They worked so hard using the graphic organizer.


We read the story Anansi and the Spider and we made bright spiders with bright designs on them. 




Then for a break during the week my daughter and I went out to a painting class.  We had so much fun. 



I finished the week with a bat art project.  They turned out a bit smaller than I wanted, however they are cute.


Look at this pumpkin display on the bookshelf.  This was at the place where we went for the painting class.  There were all these pumpkins everywhere.  It was so cute.  I just thought I would share with you.  

Please stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching and read more Five for Fridays!



3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are all adorable! I love the fun things your class is doing to study spiders!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from Five for Friday. I love the addition of the spider web in the first activity. I completes the picture for sure!!
    ~ Kristin
    This Old Art Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen and Elizabeth for your comments. I am having a lot of fun teaching first grade.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...