Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Can Read Poem

It has been such a busy first two weeks of school however I am loving first grade.  I have a wonderful, yet challenging group of children.  I know this is going to be a great year.  I have children at a lot of different levels in my class so I will be planning lots of small group activities.  

However one activity that I can make work at any level is poetry.  Here is my poem for the week.  We will do several activities with the poem above after we add it to our poetry books:

1.  Look for our sight words of the week.
2.  Look for punctuation.
3.  Find short vowel words.
4.  Look for words that rhyme.  
5.  Add pictures of our favorite ice cream.  

Then the children take home this copy for homework to share with their families. 

Click Here if you would like a copy of the poem for your poetry book and the homework page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...