Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss Activities

This was my first year celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday.  I wasn't sure if I could find fun things to do.  But thanks to Pinterest I ended up stretching it out for two weeks.  We did lots of fun activities. 

Monday:  One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

We did graphing with goldfish crackers.


Tuesday:  I Can Read with My Eyes Shut


We made glasses with pipe cleaners and then had a photo shoot.  I made the Dr. Seuss banner in the background with old Dr. Seuss books.  We hung up our fun pictures on a bulletin board.



Thursday:  Green Eggs and Ham

I didn’t think the kids would eat much right as they arrived to school, but I was wrong.  They loved Green Eggs and Ham.  They ate seconds and thirds.  


Friday:  Bartholomew and Oobleck

I wish I had pictures from this.  I was so busy making the oobleck that I did not get a change to snap pictures.  The kids loved this.  I wish I had more time for this.

Monday:  If I Ran the Zoo

Tuesday:  If I Ran the Circus

Writing Activity:  If I ran the school.

Wednesday:  My Many Colored Days

We created a bulletin board I saw on Pinterest with the other first grade class.  

Thursday:  Yertle the Turtle


We painted and glued and made our own turtles and then we stacked them up.  They are so cute.   


Thursday and Friday:  The Cat in the Hat/The Cat and the Hat Comes Back.
A parent made some red and white hats with bananas and strawberries and an oreo cookie.  The kids loved them.  I only wish I took a picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...