Monday, November 3, 2014

Owl Babies

Owl Babies

I just love the book Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and so do my students.  Every year when I read this wonderful book my students beg for me to read it again and again.  I think the kids like it so much because they can relate to the characters, especially Bill. 

One of the elements my first graders and I discussed was the setting and how the illustrater added details to make the owls look fuzzy. 


I had my first graders create an art project to go along with the story. 

1.  They sketched the owls with pencil on white paper.
2.  Then they traced the owls with a black sharpie.
3.  Next, they water colored the owls.

We let the owls dry over night.

The next morning we took paper scraps and created a background for the owls.  We cut out our owls and arranged everything.   

Another great owl book I use in my classroom is, Little Owl Lost. by Chris Naughton.  The illustrations in this book are wonderful. 

This is another book that my students love as well.  .  I use this book to talk about the character and what it means to be helpful.  I wish I could read to my students all day.  There are so many wonderful owl stories.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...