Sunday, November 17, 2013

Our Thankful Tree


Switching to a new grade presents so many new challenges.  It is a huge undertaking each week when I open my teaching binders and they are completely empty.  Thank goodness for Pinterest.  I find so many cute ideas to help me each week.  TPT is another great resource, unfortunately I can not spend my whole paycheck there.  

The Thankful tree is an idea I found on Pinterest and it was perfect.  I incorporated the Thankful tree into my Religion lesson for the week.  We are learning about Thanking God for the gift of creation.  My first graders wrote on each leaf things in God's creation that they were thankful for.  We had lots of create responses:  families, food, trees, flowers, puppies, birds, fish, teachers, friends and my favorite bats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...