Sunday, November 10, 2013

Poetry: What Do You See In the Sea?


This week I am teaching about Ocean Habitats.  Only one week to teach about Ocean Habitats.Yikes!  It will not be so bad, I already taught these children in kindergarten for a month and a half about ocean.  So I am going to focus on several cute stories. 

Swimmy, by Leo Lionni


Humphrey the Lost Whale, by Wendy Tokuda


Dear Mr. Blueberry  By:  Simon James


Ocean Habitats  By:  Bobbie Kalman


The Four Oceans by:  Will Mars


I  put together my poem of the week.  I went to my favorite poem resourse this year:  Pick a Poem by Helen Moore.  The poem is entitled:  What Do You See In the Sea?  

This poem is perfect for my class.  We are reviewing th/ch/sh/wh and rhyming words this week.  If you would like a copy of the poem please Click Here.  There is a copy of the poem for your poetry basket, the student poetry book, and a homework worksheet. 


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...