Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby It's Cold on Our Earth

No School Monday and Tuesday
 
Can you believe this weather?  -14 in the actual temperature and then if you add in the wind it is 35, This is crazy!   There is no school because it is too cold to go outside.   The only thing I can do is enjoy the peace and quiet and get some house cleaning done.   


Our Earth
In Social Studies this week we be reviewing that a continent is a very large area of land.  We will discuss that there are seven continents.  To help with that discussion I have found these cute boxes from Target.

I found some images of the continents on the Silhouhette.com site and made covers for each box.

Then I found things from my travels to go into the boxes:  stamps, money, postcards and little things from the continents.  I did find a couple little things at World Market as well.  I filled up by boxes and I will share them with the children as we review each continent.
I also found some amazing books to read and for the children to look through on their own.
There is a book in this series for each continent.

This is such a cute about about two friends searching for each other around the word.

Great Non-fiction book with lots of facts.

There are several books in this series about different parts of the world.
I hung up this world map above this area so we can point out places as we read.  



1 comment:

  1. Love those boxes - great work with your Silhouette!!!!!! And...hey, neighbor! I used to live in 'Tosa...now I'm in Sussex!
    Smiles - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...