Monday, January 20, 2014

Ideas for Spelling Activities

Spelling Ideas


One of my weekly challenges is to come up with some ideas for spelling practice each week.  I have a structure that I follow each week.

On Mondays I have the students write the words in their dictionaries.  They also give each other the pretest and correct it.

On Tuesday I generally create a worksheet on the back of the pretest.  It varies from week to week.  So far I have done a couple of different ideas
1.  Writing sentences on handwriting paper
2.  Writing the spelling words in Rainbow Colors.
3.  Red and Blue Writing.Vowels in red and consonants in blue. 
4.  Spell It and Add It Up  (This was a bigger project than I intended.)

5.  Roll It and Spell It (Lots of fun)

6.  Rhyming Your Spelling Words (Can be difficult depending on your spelling words)


On Wednesday and Thursday we do word sorts from our workbook..

On Friday we do making words activities, I try to find mystery works that have some of our spelling words or skills we are working on.  

This is what I have found so far.  I am always on the look out for good ideas. 


4 comments:

  1. Is there a way to download a copy of these? I like them very much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to email them to you if you would like. Just email me at: theverybusyclassroom@gmail.com and I will send them to you.

      Sue

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your site is ADORABLE! Great ideas-- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...