Friday, June 27, 2014

Freebie Friday


Welcome to my first FREEBIE FRIDAY.  I found this idea on Pinterest last week, several blog’s were linking up and sharing.  I thought this was a great idea, that is the main reason I blog,  I enjoy exchanging ideas with other teachers for free. 
This week I am sharing a poem I did with my students the last week of First Grade. 

It is from the book, You Read to Me, I'll Read to You.
I am trying to buy the additional copies of the book every change I get.  I think I have 6 copies now.



I introduced the poem to the children on Monday.  They LOVED it.  They colored the mice and added it to their poetry notebooks.  Later I read more poems from the book as well.  That is all I needed to do and they were off reading for the week.  There are several other books similar to this as well.  I showed the first graders where they could find the basket with the poem books.    
This was a favorite among the boys.





They enjoyed buddy reading with their friends all week.  They just loved the books. I don't think I had to remind anyone to read.  They were all buddy reading!  Amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...