Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Red Chairs for the Writing Center

My Kindergarten Writing Center

This was my writing center in my kindergarten classroom last year.  Well moving to a new grade and a new classroom means you need to make some changes.  My biggest fear is that some of my kindergarteners will walk in my new room as first graders  and take a look around and say, Hey this looks just like kindergarten.

I don't want that to happen so I am going extremely different in my color scheme.  RED!
google image
This little red school house is my inspiration.

It took me a couple of days to adjust but I made it through....I had to take my adorable colorful chairs,

sand them down to ugliness, clean them up, and.....

Good Bye Colorful Chairs


Look out  here comes the RED.......

I hope is comes together as nice.  





2 comments:

  1. t’s great that you decided to add some more flavor to these classroom chairs. I too made some changes to my classroom, involving the students in the process as well. I instituted a project that allowed them to add their own unique touch to their own chairs by tie dying sheets and attaching them to the chairs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...