Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Freebie -- The Water Cycle


Switching to First Grade this year challenged me in so many ways.  For the first time in a long time I was looking for new material each week in more than one subject.  One topic I taught for the first time was the Water Cycle.  This book about the Water Cycle was basic and had great photos.  It was easy for my first graders to understand.

source
Of course Brain Pop Jr. came through for me and had something wonderful to show the children.  I can not believe how much my students LOVE Brain Pop Jr.
source
Another great resource I found was from Kristen Smith and her blog A Day in First Grade.  She created this wonderful Weather Packet.  My students loved the activities.
source

I found a great poem about the water cycle in my favorite poetry book by Helen Moore.  We added this to our poetry collection.
I created a follow up worksheet for it as well.
Get Your Free copy of the Poem and Worksheet Here
Teaching about weather turned out to be one of my favorite topics.




1 comment:

  1. WISH THIS POEM THE WATER CYCLE BY HELEN MOORE WAS ABLE TO BE PRINT SO WE COULD COMPLETE OUR ASSIGNMENT FOR MRS. JESWALD.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...