Friday, July 25, 2014

My Teddy Bear Poetry on Freebie Friday




The last two weeks of school I have my students read the story Ira Sleeps Over.  It is a cute little story about a little boy who has to decide if he wants to take his Teddy Bear to a sleep over with his friend Reggie.  He seeks advice from his parents and his sister.  Needless to say, he is conflicted about what to do.  We had some great discussions in class. 


During this week I have the students read the poem:  My Teddy Bear  by Margaret Hillert.  I found it in a great poetry book: Read Aloud Poems  By:  Jack Prelutsky.  




This is one of the last poems we do in first grade so I use it as an assessment.  I have the students use their detective skills to find short and long vowel words.  I warn them ahead of time..there may not be an answer for each box you have to think about it carefully. 

If you would like a copy of My Teddy Bear please click here.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...