Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Desk Organization


I have been working hard in my classroom all week.  The classroom is starting to look like my classroom.  One of the things that came together quickly was organizing a space for my things. 



First of all I have a locker to put my personal things.  I like to keep my little comfort bags in there and some pictures I love from my trip to Paris. I also keep my art smock in there.  I put two command hooks inside the door for my keys and my whistle, that why I know where they are and I don't have to look for them every time I have recess.  

I created a little desk area this year as well.  I haven’t had a desk in about 15 years however I decided to give it a try this year.  I find that a lot of papers and notebooks end up on my guided reading table and every time I sit down to work with a group my table is covered with papers. 

I have a file cabinet with a bookshelf on top of it.  I am tall so I can reach up high. I plan on putting all the textbook manuals up there.  I keep all the schedules on my bulletin boards. 

My top desk drawer has all the little things in life I might need throughout the day, lotion, lip palm, tea, cough drops, a nail file and breath mints.  I am sure I will add other things. 



I had to take all my stickers out of the file drawers and I organized them in my desk drawer.   The stickers are organized in categories and I made pocket folders for them to fit in the drawer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...