Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reading Center


It has been a long productive week at school.  I am obsessed with the little details of my classroom.  I think I focused non-stop on my classroom all week. 

One center that took up a majority of my time was the reading center.  I spend a lot of time making new labels for baskets and books to help with organization. 


My reading center is in a u shape.  Hopefully to help the students to circulate and find books.  


Against the file cabinet I have a lot of the popular bits:  Curious George, Clifford, Mo Willems books, Ladybug books, Ocean, Animals, Dogs, and Bears.   


In the smaller bins I have other popular series and topics.


On the shelf to the left I have mainly the picture books but as the year progresses I will open up the shelf on the right with the chapter books for the students who are ready for the challenge. 


I have my leveled books lined up and ready to go for home reading.


My poetry basket has poems in it from kindergarten for them to review right now.  I will add new poems each week during first grade.  


There are a couple cutesy things I added to my reading center.  I wanted the children to have some place to sit.  I don’t like them sitting on the floor.  I found these cute ottomans at Target.  The best thing about them is that they open up for extra storage.  I have stuffed animals inside them. 


I put this little table in the reading center.  I want to put special books on the table. I found one cute chair to paint red and I am on the lookout for one more. 


I painted the letters “READ” for the wall. 

I had to paint a new library bucket to go with my new color scheme. 
 I have one more project planned for the reading center if I get to it.  However all the must do items are complete.

Happy Reading :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...