Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Favorites -- Character Traits


Today my goal is to search for ways I to present and display Character Traits in my first grade classroom.  I wrote a couple of weeks ago a list of traits and literature I hope to read to guide my students through different traits each week.  Today I am looking for how I what to organize that information visually for my students.  I am searching my favorite source, Pinterest looking at all the wonderful ideas that wonderful teachers have shared.  Here are some ideas I want to incorporate into my display.  

kindergartenlessonplans.org
 I found this chart from kindergarten lesson plans.org  and I love how simple it is.  I like the definition at the top of the chart.  Nice and simple for the children to understand.

adventuresofroom129
I love this idea, from Adventures of Room 129.  This would be a great activity for mid year after we introduced a lot of traits. It would be a good assessment to see what the children understand.

working4theclassroom

This chart from, Working 4 the Classroom, gave me a great idea.  I could boarder my display with pictures of the characters from the stories we read and then list the traits inside.  

Pinterest
This poster on Pinterest gave me idea for a class book.  I am going to have the children act out the character traits.  I will photograph them and create a class book.  

pencilsglueandtyingshoes

Here at Pencils Glue and Tying Shoes is a cute idea for a lesson for the first week of school.  I am planning on reading this book and this chart will be a great addition to that lesson.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...