Saturday, August 31, 2013

Piles of Common Core Paper Work


Professional Goals

It’s that time of year when we have to sit down as a level and right a professional goal for the year.  Our goal is to learn more about Common Core Language Arts.  I work for a small Catholic School and we do not receive much information through the year.  So we (the teachers) have to do a lot of our own research on the Internet. 

I have purchased several things already: 
1.       I have the Common Core App on my ipad and iphone.  It is nice to quickly reference the information. 
2.     I purchased some grids on TeachersPayTeachers from Heidi at My (Not So) Elementary Life.  It is a great resource. 


I have purchase/found freebies/pinned all sorts of wonderful activities, however when I go to lesson plan I am overwhelmed with where to start. 


So I decided to organized all the standards into file folders and sort all the activities by strands so I can see what I have.  Now when I lesson plan I can quickly go through the strands and pick out something. 

I typed all the strands up on labels and color coded them in my file box.  If you would like a copy of them just leave me a comment and your email and I will send them to you for free.  

An added bonus …… the organized box will help me fill out my assessment grids.
 

4 comments:

  1. Getting things organized takes alot of time but the end result is great.

    I know you have worked hard at getting these organize, so thanks a million.

    I would love to have a copy.

    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful organization! I would love it if you shared with me, too.
    Alyce
    alyce.bartel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting better organized is a constant goal that I have. I always struggle with where to start and how to continue once I do start. I would love a copy also appreciate your willing to share it with others. Enjoy a blessed school year.
    Heather
    hvineyard@marcelluscs.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many papers I don't know where to start. Your organizational skills are awesome. Please send me a copy of the strands so that I can make heads or tails out of my stuff. Thanks, Liz
    sixhowards@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...