Thursday, August 1, 2013

Science Center


My First Grade Science Area

This has been a very busy week for me.  I worked every day from 7:30 until 4:00 on my classroom cleaning and organizing.  My first grade room is starting to look good.  I am spending a lot of time working on the little details of the classroom…..oh I forgot to tell you all my work is done in the dark.  Our school is getting new lights and it will take a while to get new lights in all the classrooms. 


Anyways, I have gathered a lot of books about topics that relate to science and put them in a basket in the science center.


A couple of years ago I purchased this wonderful box of science tools from Lakeshore.  I love it.  It is an easy way to keep everything organized and it is already labeled!  I highly recommend this product.


This year I purchased some more science materials from Lakeshore, a science experiment box and a container of magnets.  I cut apart the box it is arrived in and reorganized it so the children can access the supplies.    I plan on doing the experiments with the children during the school year. 


I have an empty counter area now however I hope we will fill it up with hands on science things we collect through the year. 

On the shelves below are the other supplies we have for science and our textbooks.  
Please ignore the wires laying around the pictures they will hang across the room once the lights are back up.  

I just purchased this amazing book to read to my first graders about who a scientist is and what tools he uses the first week of school.  It is a great book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...